Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Focus on muscle.

Interesting post up at Pandagon (one of my favorite lefty political/news blogs) discusses health, muscle, fat and feminism. This is a subject I've touched on, but have had a hard time juggling the sensitive "feminism" bit.. Now I don't have to. Check it out.

Decent training yesterday:
5/3/1 week 2 bench day:
worked up to 8 at 210 (left a couple in the tank)
then did 2x 5 at 175

1a Dumbell rows:
10/10
9/9
8/8
all at 95

Chins: some.

I am going to be training a couple of folks twice a week starting today. This will be the first time in a while I've actually trained someone consistently. Most of the time, I'm dealing with athletes for whom I do an assessment, write programming, correct their form for a couple sessions and let them go through the program. (usually with a confer/re-assess/and more programming.. repeat ad nausium)
I am going to take the time to go through the warm-up with them every Monday and Wednesday, god knows I could use the mobility work.
Good folks, I think they'll stick it out, and if they do the results are going to be great.
Mahalo.

No comments: