A couple weeks ago, I got fed up waiting for my knee to magically get better. I went back to the doctor, scheduled an appointment with a PT and generally did my best to be proactive in getting this thing fixed. The doc ordered a MRI, and the PT (a good friend) opined that I had damaged my meniscus, would probably need surgical intervention. Yet the MRI yielded no evidence of any tears.. nothing. Instead of prescribing more PT or some other intervention the Doctor's advise was "go back and train, if it happens again come back and see me, or go visit one of these surgeons." No further advise, no discussion of his own complete FAILING to come up with a specific diagnosis. Just a shrug and a "go fish."
Hey, thanks for nothing doc.
- Will it ever be functional?
- If so, do I just need to see another doc?
- Do I need surgery?
- Do I just need to let it rest? If rest, how long?
- Is it a nerve problem? Could be.. if so then am I damaging the nerve?
- Am I done with jiu jitsu? A sad possibility, but a possibility none the less.
- What about Judo? Maybe I can get back to Judo?
- Is it going to get better? Is it only going to get worse?