Monday, June 8, 2009

Simple Man

I had a good weekend. Lots of time spent with friends and the wife. The weather has been clear and cool. Just about perfect.
Thursday afternoon conditioning:
10-5 ladder
snatch (each hand)
long cycle clean and press (each hand)
swing (each hand)
all at 53lbs
Good hard work.
Came out of the Gym and found that our Portland office had fallen over. Made a few quick calls to get it rolling, but ended up staying at work well after quitting time.

Friday workout was murder:
kb snatch to tgu at 44
35lb plate put your feet on the plate in push-up position seal walk 15m then go back without turning around (head first down, feet first back) 3x (timing station) These were murder, just awful. Such a simple thing, but damn hard.
trx suspended push-up and rows at bw
kb snatch to tgu at 44
35lb plate put your feet on the plate in push-up position seal walk 15m then go back without turning around (head first down, feet first back) 2x (timing station)
push-up to renegade row at 30lb dumbbell.
this was brutal. My entire "flank steak" is sore abs, obliques.. everything.
From there everyone came back to my place to watch UFC 98 on the dvr and relax for a bit.

Saturday: Jitz: the professor is out of town for Mundials so Paul taught class. We worked on some base and movement, controlling an opponent who is in turtle. recovering guard from turtle.. ect.
I had one roll with Paul, and that was it. I was beat from friday's work and am still worried about my back.
Saturday afternoon in the gym:
Week 2 bench day:
worked up to
3x 165
3x 185
11x 210 (Major PR) I've really worked on my technique, and it's paid off.

chins 5x5 very strict

push ups:
3x10 at bw+25


Our big Saturday night plans: get some tacos, and take our books to the local coffee house. It was great. This type of thing has always been more me than any big shindig. I don't do well in crowds, and I tend to either be too loud or damn quiet to make up for my discomfort.

Sunday, more reading, and some climbing. The wife finally bought her own pair of climbing shoes so we don't have to keep paying 5$ to rent them every week.
I watched the WEC fights last night.
I was really sad to see Jens lose again. He's a great dude, and it's getting really hard to watch him keep getting beat.
Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has the makeup to be a titleholder.. soon.
The Antonio Banuelos v. Scott Jorgensen was good. Good matchmaking and well fought.
Jose Aldo is impressive, but I haven't seen him in deep water yet.
I do like Mike Brown, and I hate that Faber broke his hand so that his fans have an 'out' for the loss.

Simple Kind of man.


Mahalo.

No comments: