Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break...

It's spring break at the school that hosts the Seattle wrestling club.. so no wrestling this week.
Monday night BJJ:
I had a couple light rolls with B and Griff... they were good. I figured out a shot set-up from watching Demian Maia and Marcelo Garcia's match at the Brasileiro's from 06.


We then worked on a half-guard pass from bottom that is the proverbial sweetness.
Quoth the Miagi:
"If do right no can defense."

Yesterday, I had to come in to work at 0500. The good news is that it gave me the whole afternoon off to clean the house a little and relax. I got to the gym about 2 and did this:
Deads:
sets of 5 until I can't hit 5.
starting a 225 (very very light)
and going quarter, plate, quarter...
it looks like this:
225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5, 405x3.. stop.

then I did some floor press:
4x5 at 185
(elbows are still healing so I'm keeping this light)

kneeling 1a cable rows (same protocol as deads)
110 x5/5
120x5/5
130x5/5
140x5/5
150x5/5.. sorta the last 2 each side my thumb did not touch my ribs, so those are a failure.

that was it.
Started to do some pull-ups, but my elbows complained mightily.

No comments: