Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No joy in mudville..

Monday, I didn't train.
I took the day off to try and get the 500 lb monkey off my back. A little extra rest, and I'd be set for a pr.. or so I thought, well:
315 x3 easy
365 x2 no problem
405 x1 weights are moving well.
455 x1 smoked it
500 x miss. damn.
500 x miss double damn
485 x 1 slight redemption.

At first I was really pissed. I wanted to hit that benchmark and move on. 500 has been in my head for almost a year now, but I'm just not there yet. My glute strength isn't there, and I need to make sure that my belly is full of air before I start to pull. A few more weeks. I'll break the plateau, but for right now it's maddeningly close. I can smell it. It's in the mail, but not quite here yet.

glute-hams:
3x8 at purple band.
Called it a day from there.
Tonight is going to be upper body and some conditioning.
mahalo.

No comments: