Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've got an owie.

My back is coming along. It still spasms when I stand up if I sit for more than an hour at a time, and I am very conscious of my posture these days. However, I am going to do some light training tonight (push-ups, pull-ups, chest supported rows, maybe some cardio stuff) hopefully Saturday, or maybe Monday I'll be able to participate at jiu-jitsu class (prolly no sparring, but at least do technique). Last night I went to class. I didn't train (obviously) but did go to see the folks, and watch the techniques of the day. Last night's was a cool transition from guard, to take the back, to choke, to arm-bar. I'll have to try it once I get right.
I hope you're vaguely rockin.
Mahalo.

2 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

Pooooo! Poor John. Hopefully you're getting a little extra "sympathy" from the wifey ;)

I have a sore knee, I think from biking, so I just sat and watched Bond do his box squats this morning and was jealous (they are my favorite). Stuck to non-knee-bending stuff myself, I do love a good RDL.

J.B. said...

That's a big no dice on the sympathy. She has a herniated disk that she's been battling for about 9 months or so, so my tweaked back is small potatoes.

There's plenty of work you can get done without bending your knees. In fact most people use their knee extensors too much to compensate for weak hip extensors. Could be your problem. When you get back to box squatting make sure you push your hips back before bending your knees on the descent, and push your feet out and back (like you're trying to spread the floor between your feet apart, and scoot across the floor on your butt at the same time) that will put more stress on your butt and hammies and take it off your knees.