Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Worked late.. worked out.

I was totally un-prepared to work late last night, so when I got stuck here, I didn't have my gi, my workout clothes, or a pre-workout meal.. nothing.
So I busted a move home, snarfed up a piece of bread with honey, changed, and headed to the boathouse with all my gear.
I did one ladder.
1-7
kb clean and press each arm, chin up, no rest.
I drank some water then headed to class.
I gassed out at the end of class. I didn't eat enough before all of that work.
It happens.
Today I am prepared.
I got here early.
I have enough food to make it all the way through the day, and have my gi so that I can bust a move and head straight to Ballard.
Mahalo.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

This is becoming more and more of a problem for me too, JB. I have a hell of a time with nutrition during the day, specifically protein intake.

I really should just leave some whey powder and a shaker cup at work all of the time.

Still, glad to see you managed your workouts despite the bossman coming down on you.

J. B. Zero said...

Nutrition is hard, but simple: cook on sunday, pack and freeze. It sucks, and takes discipline, but once you get in the habit, it works out.

Yeah, I made the mistake of saying I was ahead of schedule this morning.. now the scope of the project is even bigger.. me and my big mouth.