Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tough stuff.

Tough stuff at class last night. Band complexes for.. a long time. Then circuits of jumps, squats, sit-ups, burpees, and jumping jacks. Then technique, then takedowns.
I was toast by the end. The wife was already in bed when I got home. I iced my knee and got some dinner.
Felt better on my feet last night, not there yet, but getting there. Pan-ams are two weeks from tomorrow. My weight is right on (I was a pound under in the Gi before class). My technique is what it is.. hard to say if it's good enough because you never know who's going to show up. My shape is solid. I just have to stay healthy (knock wood) and go out there and give it what I have. I'll admit, I'm a little nervous. I haven't competed on a mat in... 15 years. I've never competed in jujitsu. To jump right in at the Pan-ams is a little nutty to say the least, but what the hell this is supposed to be fun, right.
I'm already starving.
It's going to be an early lunch today.
Mahalo.
(oh, and I really can't spell)

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I'm looking forward to the Pan Ams, JB.

It's cool to see that a lot of folks I know are competing this year. Warms the cockles of natively southern but frozen in the upper midwest heart.

Good job on hitting the weight goal. I usually miss mine and have to set a higher weight goal. Damned apetite.

J.B. said...

I am too, but if I'm honest I'm looking forward to watching the upper belt competition more than I am competing.
Then again, I'm always fretting until "gameday." It's always easier to worry ahead of time that you're not going to be prepared. Once you're there, you are what you are, and you go for it.

If you're going to work this hard, you might as well stand up and be counted.

It's never been hard for me to hit a number, the hard part is keeping it down when there's no reason to suck weight. Once the Pan-ams are over, I'm going to have a bit of a re-feed, then check in.
I'd like to be about 5-10 lower than where I am right now.