Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to blog..


This blog is officially 1 year old. It's gone through some changes, as have I. We've undertaken some challenges, and generally worked to be a better read, and a better person respectively.
In the past year I have:
Stopped messing around, and got my diet cleaned up.
Gotten rid of people around me who would rather make excuses than train hard.
Increased my power lifts by 23%.
dropped 6 seconds off my best 500m time.
Tripled the number of pull-ups I can do.
All at a bodyweight 5 lbs lighter than before.
I have made friends and gotten back to writing almost daily.
Both of which have been significant boons to my outlook on life.
I thought that putting myself out on the internet would be a painful exercise. I was ready to get shouted down, but it's been great. Thank you, gentle reader for making it thus.
Happy Birthday blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done.

There's another anniversary coming up soon. Any special challenges planned?

J.B. said...

Nothing this close to Pan-ams.. I guess you could say Pan-ams is my big birfday challenge this year.