Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You want some soup?

I made Cioppino for supper last night. It was very tasty, and I don't want to forget what I put in it.. so I'm sharing/writing it down.

Sunday I steamed some clams and mussels with white wine, garlic (3-4 cloves), paprika, and cayenne. I added some light coconut milk to the broth and they were tasty. I strained the left over liquid and froze it..

Last night I thawed it.
I added 2 containers of Trader Joe's marinara starter.
Some raw jumbo shrimp.
Some bay scallops.
about 8oz of wild sockeye.
1 yellow bell pepper (course dice)
1 can garbanzo beans
juice of 1 lemon
dried oregano a few hearty shakes
dried basil (likewise)
dried thyme (and again)
a pinch of saffron
Normally I add some white fish, and some shellfish, but I was out.
Garnish with some spring onions.

No comments: