Monday, November 26, 2007

We've got nuthin better to do...

I had a good weekend.
Thanksgiving was good. I ate a little too much, but didn't stuff myself.
Friday we had some folks over for pie and watched "How the grinch stole christmas" and "A Christmas Story" it was a good time. I made an extra sweet potato pie, Potter pushed through the pain and brought over Pecan pie, Joe made whipped cream, and everyone's favorite coxswain brought an apple pie.
Somebody stood us up, but whatever.. no pie for you.
Rumor has it there were extenuating circumstances. I forgive her if only because she mentioned it in her blog with a reference to..
this:


Saturday went to Jitz. learned an uma plata for the first time. very cool
After class we met some friends of ours and their two little girls at the zoo. The wife got there before me, and was bjorning the younger girl. I was disturbingly comfortable with it. It's not quite time for babies, but we're getting there.

That night we just stayed in and read, watched.. something on t.v. very low key, very nice.

Sunday I finished "deep survival" I liked it, but I could have loved it. It has a lot of good information about the way emotions can derail our ability to survive, but also can fuel our efforts to survive, and how to try and find the balance between reason and emotion. It's very interesting, but poorly edited. the points are scattered, and really should have been better organized. If you're someone who goes into the deep wild, you should read it, otherwise, don't bother.

Big ups and mad props to the wife and two of her teammates who completed the post-turkey day challange: the Howe st. stairs x20 took them just under 2 hours to finish.
That's about it for me.
hope you had a good weekend.
Mahalo.

No comments: