Monday, November 19, 2007

These pipes are CLEAN!!

Props to those who get the reference.
Slosh Pipe workout:
5x100m (approx) zercher carry.
5x100m shoulder carry.
These were tough, staggering like a drunk as the water sloshes and shifts.
The slight grade didn't help matters.

8 reps alternating with a partner floor to OHP.
These were tough. Rolled the pipe on to my fingers, then squeeze the pipe to a zercher position. stand up, then turn my hands around on the pipe, and press. The transition is hard, and the press is astoundingly difficult.

3x30m overhead carry.
Pressing is hard, carrying is hard, pressing and carrying is a whole new level of difficulty.
You should try it.

In short, every part of me was tired and sore after this workout. The pipe exposes every weak point in your body, at the same time I don't think I've ever had that much fun exercising. It was a blast.
Mahalo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm glad you gave it a shot. I suppose the option of storing it at the clubhouse makes it a bit more convenient.

The Overhead Carry is something I'm going to have to try. Maybe Wednesday morning if the weather is reasonable enough for some more outdoor training here.

That transition from zercher to front rack for pressing is remarkably tough.

Keep us all up-to-date next time you break it out.

J.B. said...

Yeah major coup storing it there.

Overhead carry was tough, I recommend it highly. I tried OH walking lunges. That.. that didn't go very far.

Don't I always.