Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hey, thanks!

I am thankful for:

1) All of our very existence. Having just finished A Short History of Nearly Everything I am struck by what a sequence of small coincidences have lead to the proliferation of humanity, and by how little we actually know about the way things work. It is humbling to say the least. Literally millions of things could have either prevented humans from coming to be, or could have snuffed out our species prior to my arrival, and many may yet come to be, and yet here we are.

2)My loved ones: my wife, my friends (I.R.L. and those I've become acquainted through this media), and my family.

3) Health. My own, and that of those above. This year, I have dealt with some pings and pangs, but over all my body has done everything I've asked of it in the past year. It is stronger than it's ever been, it feels good, and I am grateful for it.

4) Success. the past year has been successful financially for me, but that's of little consequence. I am referring to life in general. I have met a number of goals:
Bench more than bw.
break previous deadlift pr.
become competent rowing a single.
Be generally happy, and have a good relationship with those that I value.

5)People who have given their knowledge to help make me, and many others better:
Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Matt Kroc, and everyone at Elitefts.

Alwyn Cosgrove, Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson, Dan John, Lou Schuler, John Berardi, and all of the other contributing authors at T-nation

Chad Aichs who responded to a couple of emails without a second thought. Gave good advice, and is generally a good guy.

Christine, CES, Tracy Rif, Krista, and all of the other fit bloggers who live and lift because that's what they do.

My father-in-law, Frank, my brother-in-law, Doug, Joe, of course my wife, and everyone else who helped me along in my brief rowing career.

Micah, Big 'D', Griff, and everyone else at Ballard BJJ who has taken extra time to show a noob (not just me) the difference between trying a pass, escape, sweep, or submission and getting it.

Thanks.

Last night's workout:
Long warm-up
Squats:
worked up to 3x3@275

Deads:
4@405

Wednesday, we worked a lot of triangles and stuff from guard, so my legs and hips were pretty tight to start with, so I kept things simple.

Have a happy thanksgiving.

No comments: