Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dream weaver..

Set the scene true believers:
You can go anywhere in the world (or in time) for some form of exercise (no competitions, you don't get to play linebacker for the 85 bears, but you can practice with them), where would you go?
Would you run to Athens with Phidippides?
Would you go for a workout at Gym Jones?
Go through a day of training camp with the Colts, running routes and catching passes?
Spend a Friday afternoon at Westside?
Lift with Arnold and Franco at Golds back in the day?
Drill with Dan Gable in '72 or Aleksandr Karelin in '96?
Would you want to test yourself against a "world's best", or a "best ever?" Would you want to just be there to see them train before their defining moment?

I think I would go with Karelin. The man once said "I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in theirs." I'd like to get that perspective.

What would you do?

No comments: