Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Well, christine(s)...


I am sore.
The only thing that really hurt are my obliques, but everything feels pretty fried. Mostly I am mentally fatigued, I went to bed last night at 9:30 and was OUT till 7. We'll see if the DOMS monster attacks me in my sleep tonight.
I am taking some time today to streach out, and I'm still going to do my DE squats tonight, but I'm going to keep them light and quick. I feel good. I set out to challenge myself.. and maybe a few others, and I passed. My super secret goal was to finish in under an hour and I pretty much murdered that one (51 minutes). I skipped my workout this morning, but I don't think I'll have to skip anything else this week.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I only hate you a little. I kid, I kid. I can't even say you've set the bar higher. In this case, the bar is about 2 miles above me, floating in space. Yeah.

Christine said...

That's it, you're officially diesel in my book. That was insane.

And now I must try.

Kettlebell Lady said...

You sir, are an animal!

J.B. said...

Awww, shucks.
It was insane, but that was the point. That's what makes it fun.
It would have been very easy to get the KBs and be afraid of them to test the waters here and there, but where's the fun in that? I'd rather just jump into the pool.
C.P. I think you can do it. If you can do 20 you can do the century, you just have to have it in your head.

Anonymous said...

Damn. First workout back from vacation and you're "making me" do 100 TGUs. Thanks. =)
It will be tomorrow morning (Friday).
I'll be letting you know how it goes.

J.B. said...

I knew there was no way you could resist. I look forward to commiserating this morning.
Oh, and you're welcome.

Anonymous said...

Success.
And I don't feel too bad. My quads are a little ...uh... weird-tired-buzzing ... but otherwise I feel pretty good.

I suspect my shoulders are going to get tight tonight as I sleep.

That wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Anonymous said...

It's because I'm shorter. I only had to elevate 66" (and that's being 'generous'), not the full 70" or so you did.

4" per rep * 100 reps * 35# * 1'/12" = 1166.6 ft/lbs more work you did. Of course, you also have longer levers to help you... =)

And I don't have a bionic shoulder either.