Monday, January 20, 2014

Thoughts from the shelf.

Or, My leg is still being terrible and I am having a hard time with it.
Actually, my leg feels fine. Really. Doesn't hurt. I can walk around, play with my kids, do whatever.. except jiu jitsu. I have tried to train (very lightly) the past two saturdays, and both times Pop! and I'm putting the bone back in place and calling it a day. The last time it was just the isometric contraction of my hamstring that pulled it out. Super frustrating.
So here's the plan:
Two weeks of no jiu jitsu and no hamstring loading.. again.
Two weeks of no jiu jitsu and some very easy loading (spin bike)
Two weeks of going to class and doing technique.. passively. Same loading.
Two weeks of going to class and doing technique, and moderate loading (sled dragging)
Two weeks of only playing bottom, no kneeling.
Then we'll see.
You don't have to be a math wiz to see that I'm on the shelf for (another) 10 weeks.. minimum
Sucks. I have a really hard time with this kind of injury.. I'd imagine anyone does.
I can go through the mundane, but when I try to do the things I really want. Pop.. and start over from the beginning. Super frustrating.
Nothing I can do about it.
If this doesn't work then I'm going to have to think seriously about having a screw put in.

The thing that makes this worse is outside of my wife and kids, jiu jitsu IS my social circle. I work in a cube and talk to no one. I go home and play with the kids and hang with the wife.. and no one else.
Outside of the three of them, and my own little micro farm, all I think about is grappling. I have no other hobbies. So I just stew about my stupid leg.

I don't even have the words to express how frustrating this all is. My whole guard game was evolving. My top control. My game in general had ton of momentum. Now.. who knows.
I have more to say, but I can't really write any more.
It sucks.
Mahalo.


No comments: