Thursday, March 10, 2011

Off the mats in the gym.

Work, sickness, sick kid, have all conspired to keep me off the mats for a week. I have been hammering away in the gym though.

Monday:
Kb snatch 20 sec on (5 reps) 20 sec off x10
Kb clean and press 20 sec on (4 reps) 20 sec off x10
all at 62

Tuesday:
Front squats: 4x5
press/chins: 5x5/5

Wednesday:
Kb snatch 30 seconds on (5 reps per hand) 30 off x15

battling ropes:
90 sec on
1minute off
1minute on 1minute off x4

Today:
box squats: 5x3
deadlifts: 2x5
hip thrusters: some

Feeling good. I haven't spent this much time working exclusively in the gym for a long time. It's kind of refreshing. It's a good way to reboot, and take some "time off" without getting all sloppy and out of shape.
A few weeks ago I was really frustrated. I got roundly trounced by two guys who are technically the same belt level as me, but have been there a good long time. One is a phenom, a natural who had come back from college for spring break. The other is a former pro fighter who is prepping for a major tournament. Those guys should trounce me, but my ego was in the way and I got annoyed with myself, and then really stopped paying attention to things and getting beat on worse and worse. It snowballed, my ego ate me up. This happened twice.
A little time away putting in hard work and suddenly I just want to be on the roll, don't care with whom, win or lose.
Should be back Saturday.
Mahalo.

No comments: