Monday, June 7, 2010

Patience..

Good things in my training/jiu-jitsu/life. Sometimes I forget that I have taken a long road to get here, and not to get greedy to jump to the next level.
Training: hip mobility is coming around. Feeling strong in pull-ups. Clean technique coming around. I'm trying to keep pushing these more technical lifts while dropping some body-fat, and round out my relative strength. I have to keep the reigns on load, and volume. Can't risk injury, or burn out. I'm training to supplement my BJJ, not the other way around.
Jiu-jitsu: guard work has improved a ton. Feeling more confidant which leads to better flow. Better mobility/flexibility has lead to better base. Shape is a little dull, but that'll come around. Generally speaking I'm just feeling good physically which is a direct result of time off. Can't lose site of what I'm doing well, I need to stay relaxed and flow.
Life: Emotionally it becomes very easy to put all of your parental baggage away when you become someones parent. I can't read minds and the kid can't talk. It's going to be frustrating at times, and it's ok to be frustrated.. even angry at the kid. It's going to be a long road.

Hopefully my luck will hold up.

Training update:
Friday:
3 minutes partner towel pull-ups (you do 1 I do 1 repeat for 3)
30 seconds airdyne 30 seconds; kb rack hold (62 and 44lb kb) x3
30 seconds sandbag shoulder, and reverse lunge; 30 seconds hex dumbbell end grip x3
rest
15 seconds on 30 off airdyne x3
15 seconds on 30 off prowler x3

Saturday:
BJJ. Couple decent rolls. Working on attacking more in positions where I have the advantage, but not control.

Sunday: off.

Today:
some light bw and kettlebell work. Some very light front squats to work on mobility, then BJJ class at night.

Patience


Mahalo.

No comments: