Thursday, February 4, 2010

The lesson as always is..

I am an idiot.
Some days more than others.
5/3/1 dead day.
rolled through, and decided that if 430 went up smooth then I'd just do a single and try to set up for a pr.. why.. I have no idea.. see above.
430 went like buttah.
So do I set up 485 to tie my pr, then move on nooo. I set up 5 bills.. I grab it, take one good look, ask my self what the hell am I doing and strip it down to 405 do 2x3 there.
strip to 315 do 3x2 (very fast) here, and call it a day.

I'm on low cals, my bw is down, I'm fried from training hard the past 3+ weeks: was I going to hit a pr? Hells no.
More over I knew it, I didn't even have to pull it to know it wasn't going anywhere.
Why am I telling you this? So that you can learn from my mistakes.
Going after a goal is fine, but you have to think holistically. If you had a crap training session yesterday, and you're at the raggedy end of a training cycle, perhaps today is not the day to get after a 1rm.
I have to get my head ironed out.
All in all it was a good session (momentary idiocy aside).
Mahalo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.