Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Playing the percentages..

Last Saturday I took the liberty of using my gym's impedance based scale/body fat measuring.. thing. Those things can be pretty inaccurate, so all is taken with a grain of salt.
Here are the results:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 218
Bf %: 19.4
LBM: 176
FM: 42
weight at sub 10%: 197
I can't speak to the accuracy of the device, but these numbers are pretty much dead on my estimates, so I'm going to go with them. I am pretty happy with being below 20% bf, which is in the "acceptable" range (in spite of a BMI that screams MORBIDLY OBESE) In fact in order to have a BMI that was not too high, I'd actually have to lose all of my body fat, and a couple pounds of LBM.. I'd be dead, but then we've had that discussion before. I am going to keep training the way I am for the next few weeks, then I have some time off scheduled at which time I am going to spend 4 weeks really tightening my diet and see if I can get under 205 which would put me at about 12% (give or take).
We shall see how this goes.

Monday training:
Arm bar to oma plata to triangle transition. Couple position specific drills, and called it a night.

Tuesday training:
no conditioning.
Bench week 3
5 at 175
3 at 200
9 at 220 (hugenormous PR. Previous best was 3 at 225 could not be happier with this)

superset:
Chins at bw 5
push-ups 20
x4

That's it. I had to get back to work.
Mahalo.

No comments: