Sunday, May 3, 2009

Doing my part for the economy..

Friday was a brutal one: 21, 15, 9
thrusters at 115 or clean and press at 135
atomic push-up (push-up with feet suspended on the trx, and KTE)
pull-up or trx low row
painful.

The wife kicked butt at the Windemere cup races this weekend, and that had me running late for class. We worked the americana, then I had 2 tough sparring sessions with 2 guys significantly bigger than me. Good rolls both.

From there was squat day on the 5/3/1 again I am only doing the "prescribed reps" on squat day because I need to fix my movement pattern in the squat rather than actually working on my strength.
3 reps each:
195
220
250

good mornings:
very strict 3x10 at 135.

This morning about 90 minutes of bouldering at the climbing gym.
The wife went and I think is hooked. Here's hoping.
From there we went to REI and an outdoor gear clearing house here in Seattle, and dropped a couple of bennies (got great deals on a lot of stuff, but still.. got a lot of stuff). We're just doing our bit to keep the economy rolling.
Mahalo.

2 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

Woo climbing woo!

J.B. said...

I don't know how to "climb woo," but I am willing to learn.