Monday, March 23, 2009

Company.

I am a lucky guy. I don't really want for much. I have a job I like, a wife I love, and a good few friends. So the wife had a hard time purchasing something for my birthday.. so she bought something for someone else. She bought a plane ticket for a good friend to come and visit for the weekend, fortunately he was willing and able to come out for the weekend.
Friday we did some touristy stuff during the day, and Friday night he got in on the Friday fun:

5x 60 sec on 30 off x each work station:

kb snatch
erg
prowler push (+180)
rope hand over hand

the erg to prowler transition was a monster.
From there suspended plank for max time:
I made it to 2:30 everyone else was just short of pr.

Saturday we both went to class. I showed him a couple of arm bars. I did a little sparring and spent a lot of time pinned by a black belt. Good learning experience.

After that we went to see an old teammate of both of ours coach rugby. He just happened to be up from So. Cal. that same weekend. The home side won which I was conflicted about. Some of my old teammates are playing for the winning side, but under the name and in the jerseys of our old rivals, it was even harder for the friend who was coaching as that's a long way to travel to get beat.
The weekend itself was great. CES and I have been friends quite literally for ever. We were roommates in college. Best men at each others weddings, and email and talk quite often, but the past few years we haven't been able to spend alot of time.
He's only been out here once, for my wedding. I get back to St.L. about once a year, but being a child of divorced parents who live several hours away from each other, it's difficult to find time during those hectic weekends when I am in St. Louis, to do more than have a meal and catch up quickly before I have to move on to the next batch of family.
It was good to be able to hang out and not have to spend the whole time just catching up.
Hope you all had a good weekend too.
Mahalo.

No comments: