Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quantum of stuff..

Saw the new Bond movie last night. It was good. Not as good as the last one, but damn good. My main complaint was that it looked like it was edited by a 13 year old A.D.D. kid on 6 redbulls. Otherwise, acting, story, and characterization were all great. There were a few plot holes, but that comes with the territory.

Before that, training:
Squats:
worked up to double at 275.
Mostly just working on technique and mobility.
I changed my set-up carrying the bar lower with wider hand position. Still a work in progress.

45 degree back extensions.
5 sets of 5 at 60
this is a bit of a misnomer as there was NO flexion or extension in my back, just movement around the hips. I tried these to see if glute-hams are really better.. they are. Next week I go back to them.

OHP (done bottoms up starting dead stop on the pins at chest level)
5x5 at 135
The shoulder.. not happy about these.

chins:
7,6,5,5,3 at bw

seated rows:
worked up to 4 at 165
I don't like these at all.
I used to do them a lot, but now they just feel stilted and unnatural.
Going back to CSR and bent rows next week.

that's it. No conditioning.
I am keeping the early part of the week light so that I can really ramp up the end of the week to correspond to the increased calories.
Mahalo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking large and in charge lately.

I recommend Slumdog Millionaire. It's really good!

J.B. said...

My weight hasn't changed much, so I feel like I've filled out "the right way" now, I'm going to try and slim up a bit. More on that in a post.

I'll have to check it out.
Hope your thanksgiving was tasty and delicious.