Friday, October 3, 2008

For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother,

That quote is often bandied about in rugby circles, it's a bit contrived, but there's also some truth to it.
Yesterday I helped coach a lower division rugby club. I'll not be sharing the name of the club, because well... they were terrible. Not that it's their fault. They have no real coaching. They're great folks, good athletes, and absorbed everything I told them immediately. it's just that they've never been taught how to do things. I had a lot of fun. I offered to come back and help them out again.

Yesterday's lifting beforehand:
deads:
worked up to a single @ 465
5 singles @ 445

chins: 4x amap @ bw

1a rows: 8/8, 6/6, 5/5 @ 95

bench: worked up to 2x2 @ 225

Kept the upper body stuff low volume/light because I knew I'd be doing a lot of line-out lifting and scrummaging later.

No comments: