Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hellboy, and stuff.


Friday's numbers:
Kb snatch 3min:
80@44 -me
deadlift 2min @ 1.5 bw:
17 totally got blown out of the water here. I can't pull without holding my breath, and I can't hold my breath for 2 minutes.
hand over hand pulls @ 70+tire:
6 lengths of the rope.
Suspended planks:
121 seconds. This was a buster, but I got some redemption here.
From there we all went to the Nickerson and had some supper and sat on the deck.

Yesterday I went to open mat and rolled several times. Paul helped me with a couple techniques, but I was toast. I need to work on my back strength.
Saturday night we ordered pizza and watched Hellboy, then we all went to see hellboy II. The wife normally doesn't like fantasy, but liked hellboy II. It was good, but nowhere near Ironman, Kung fu panda (which is great) or Get smart. I've been going to a lot of movies lately.

Today I had an aweful learn to row class. Why do people pay $120 to sign up for these classes and then don't listen to a damn thing I say? I have had bad classes before, but there are is one guy who is paying attention, and capable. Everyone else pays me no mind, or is so afraid of the boat that they can't accomplish anything. I damn near quit today. I have had a lot of luck in the past, and have heard stories of other instructors with classes like this, I've just never experienced it. We're going to have a discussion about priorities next week. I couldn't do it today, because I was too pissed off, and the message would have been lost in my emotions.
I did some pre-hab stuff today, clams, bw rows, push-ups, later I'll be doing some soft-tissue work, and stretching. Having read EC's "art of the deload" I need more of this type of work. More on that later this week.

This week I'll be in training, so I don't know how much posting I'll be doing.
If I don't talk to you, have a good week.
Mahalo.

No comments: