Monday, April 21, 2008

The worn out tape of Chris LeDoux, lonely women and bad booze..

..Seem to be the only friends I've left at all.
-Garth Brooks "Much Too Young (to feel this damn old)"

Ok, I have friends, but I've been listening to Chris LeDoux and feeling a little long in the tooth.
My rib has been killing me. Friday, we did assessments, and I haven't crunched the numbers, but my raw numbers don't look that good. Oh well, it's just work, won't kill me.

Saturday, Went to BJJ basics a Gracie Barra Ballard, learned an Ezekiel choke, to cross choke to Ezekiel transition. Then quickly changed and busted a move down to Foster BJJ to a seminar by Juliano Prado.
Semniar was really cool. Got to meet a few folks from other schools. Learned a variation of the arm bar that beat me at Pan-ams. Learned a couple half-guard escapes with transitions to submissions. Learned a crazy reverse Uma plata. Did some No-Gi grappling. I almost rolled over the top of James Foster (the owner, and head instructor of the hosting school), sorry about that. Foster BJJ is just down the road from my work, so I think I might drop in from time to time just to hear things explained by someone new, and roll with some different folks. The seminar was great. I learned a ton, but it was 6.5 hours of BJJ with only a 30 minute break between class and the seminar. By the time I got to my truck I was toast. The wife and I went out and had some Mexican and did our grocery shopping, then I crashed on the couch.

Sunday, I cleaned house, and fired up the BBQ for the first time this year. We had a couple folks over, and really had a great time.
Weekend was over way too fast.
Mahalo.

No comments: