Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight savings time to JB: Yo @ss is mine chump.

I have spent 6 years of my life in the intense study of how people use written language to express themselves, and yet I am utterly unable to express my disdain for the phenomena that is "spring forward." I could give some disgusting metaphor about this "anti-holiday" violating my physical self, as it has my psyche, but that would be crass, and lacks the depth of feeling that is engendered by the return of daylight savings time. I could call on the tales of antiquity. I could tell you that "daylight savings time had me laid upon the bed of Procrustes," but the reference would be missed by some folks, and more than that make me sound like a pompous jerk. So I will simply say: "I hate it, every year, without fail.. I hate it."
This morning I had a difficult time getting out of bed. With the help of the alarm clock, and the cat, I pried myself from the warm embrace of my bed, grumbled and swore. I went into the kitchen to make myself breakfast, and started to leave.. keys I just need my keys, that I asked the wife to hold for me.. yesterday.. she's still holding them. Oh bother.
Thankfully she was goodly enough, and was able to leave work and drop them off. I was deeply tempted to take a sick day and just go back to bed.

No comments: