Thursday, January 3, 2008

Getting warmer..

When I lift upper body, I tend to neglect the warm-up a bit. It's a fault in my programming, and not something I'd let any of the athletes I've coached get away with, but for some reason I think I'm special. I've been doing a few band pull-aparts and wall slides.. maybe stretch my lats a bit, and get right into it. I normally start light enough, and focus on technique enough in my early sets that it's been "Ok" but who wants to settle for "ok." Besides this is a good chance to do some complexes or higher rep sets to raise metabolism a bit.

So prehab and foam rolling then hang clean and press:
2x20@95
Worked pretty well, but could be better.. more on this as I get it ironed out.

bench:
work up to
5x5@185

chins:
5@bw
4@bw-mm bands
3@bw+10# (slow negative)
3@bw (slow neg)

1AOHP: (each side starting with surgically repaired shoulder)
5@55
2x5@60
4@65

bent rows:
6@135
3x5@155
3@185

Good stuff.
Mahalo.

No comments: