Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some times you eat the bear, sometimes he eats you.

Had a tough workout last night. My hips are sore, and took forever to warm up:
Squats:
4x4@135 (start at very high box, and lower each set till I got to 13")
off 13" box:
4@185
3@225
2@275
1@315

Good mornings:
2X2@315

Dead lifts:
4x1@405
2x0@455


405 felt light, 455 wanted to go, but didn't. It was too big of a jump. I need to work my way up more slowly. I knew this at the time, but I was pig-headed and jumped right to 455. The results were predictable. I guess we've all had those moments. When you step outside yourself, and see that you're doing something too quickly, but you go for it any way. Sometimes that's the only way to hit PRs.. but usually you end up calling yourself a dumbass and hitting the showers.
I'm taking a 'sick day' tomorrow, so there'll likely be no update.. but maybe there will.
Mahalo!

3 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

I don't ever have comments for the lifting bits, being that the only thing I lift is my own body. But I really like your title - source? - it kinda sounds familiar...

J.B. said...

I don't know the original source, but my grandpop used to say it from time to time. It's one of my favorites.

The lifting bits are more for me to keep track of my progress, more than because I think anyone cares.

Christine said...

Deadlifts are like that. Feels good... feels good... holy shnikes it's glued to the floor!