Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Keeping up with the Jonesing.

Work has been crazy busy and will be for a while, and nothing that interesting has happened to me.. so things around here have been quiet.
dumpage:

I purchased a copy of Magnificent Mobility so expect a review of that shortly.

My De-loading phase is over, I hopped back on the heavy iron last night, to great effect. Good times there. I am officially stronger than I was before surgery (not quite in PR territory though.. Yet!)

I've been reading a lot of Elite FTS of late, and I have learned a ton. I'm working on incorporating the training knowledge/methods, while training with specificity to my own goals. It's tricky. Dave Tate, and most powerlifters know how to move weight, but you have to weight cost benefit. How much training time vs. how much benefit. I am working on finding that balance. Also, let's be honest, I'm not strong enough to need to concentrate that much to make gains. My goal is 300/400/500 (raw) once I get there, maybe I'll increase my focus.

there are some fairly interesting nuggets in this T-nation article.

The wife and I went up to Mt. Vernon last weekend. Went to an Oyster farm, picked up some fresh shellfish, did some hiking and generally had a great time. I made some Cioppino for supper sunday, it was so very good.

I had to skip my row this morning, I had an early meeting, and while I could have gone out, but with the time crunch wouldn't have been productive. I'll go out friday morn.

that's all I've got for now.
Adios seeyalater guhbye!

No comments: