Friday, April 27, 2007

Updateness!! aka Pimp my self.

weight: I am down from 216 to 207 after practice. (I weigh after practice to minimize hydration effect)
Height: still pretty short.

Strength/power: Bench is up. I was doing 185+bands for singles, now doing 205+bands for doubles. Squats are improving (better groove, finally have enough flexibility to squat deep with my feet flat..ish on the floor) Hang snatches are still a little weak (115) need to work on dynamic hip flexibility so I can get under the weight. I can pull 135 from hips to eyes, just can't get under it. Over head tire tosses are sailing a minimum of 5 big steps per toss (up from 3). Most everything is better here (if still a little sub-standard).

Endurance: I am up to 5 sled drags the entire length of the hill per session. I feel fitter in the boat, I haven't done much erging, so I don't know the numbers here. I have eight weeks till regionals, and I am going to switch focus for this period, work more on dynamic strength, and getting race fit.

Overall, I'm lighter, stronger, and a bit fitter. I can see my first two segments of my abs before the belt of marshmallow takes over. I'm making progress and progress is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're doing some great work. Have I told you that Eric is teaching me to play tennis? He even says that I'm a natural (something about an innate feel for footwork)! I always have had a knack for dainty prancing. I'm not fast. I'm not strong. I do, however, gracefully flit and gesture with the best of them (hence my childhood fondness for balance beam).

J.B. said...

You haven't, but I'm not surprised. I on the other hand am the single worst tennis player in the western world.

Christine said...

Height: still pretty short.

Now that's not even right. :) I hear ya on the marshmallow takeover... I might steal that for a blog title.

J.B. said...

When it was more substantial, I used to refer to it as my "championship belt." Championship of what, I'm not sure.