Monday, April 30, 2007

Redbird Nation in mourning.

I was all set to watch the Cubs/Cardinals game yesterday. We'd gone to the grocery store early. I was in the kitchen making lunches for the wife and I, when it scrolled across the screen: "Game postponed due to tragic death of Cardinals' reliever Josh Hancock." Instantly I got a lump in my throat. I hadn't seen Hancock pitch that much. I can't say that I know much about him, but he's one of my guys. He's a Cardinal. Now he's gone. It took me back to 2002 when D.K. (Darryl Kile) died, he was beyond one of 'our guys.' I was in shock. The entire city was in mourning. Yesterday, and today it's much the same. The great thing about cardinal fans is the same reaction for a reliever who was just happy to make the big club as for the staff ace.
The post has a series of articles here

No comments: