Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sometimes everything hurts.

Ever have one of those days where everything you do hurts? Last night was that way for me. I was fooling around kicking a heavy bag (don't ask me why, there is no reason.. I'm dumb) and my ankle still hurts. I was working takedowns with Paul and scratched myself in the back of the neck. Got cross-faced and bit the crap out of my tongue. Nothing's injured, but lots of little annoying stuff.
All in all though good work on takedowns, a couple sweet chokes, and couple of good rolls last night. I'm feeling sluggish, but am seeing opportunities, hopefully next month when I am focusing less on the weight room and more on the mats I'll get my speed back.

Today:
Rear foot elevated split squats:
3 per leg 95, 105,115
5 per leg at 95 x2

1 long set of step-ups at 95

then lat pull down glute hams:
4 sets of as many.

Mahalo.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Right there with you, man. Zercher squats are my new favorite lift and my romance with pulling conventional is losing its spark...

When you do your split squats, are you suspending your rear foot on a bench or using straps/chains?

And are you loading with DB's or a barbell?

J.B. said...

Change is good. A rut is just a grave with the ends kicked out.

Bench, barbell.
I feel like I can load heavier that way.