Friday, December 7, 2007

Hey, you got pop in my country..

I was listening to a radio interview with John Fogarty yesterday on the local country station. The Dj asked him why he'd changed and made a country album. Fogarty's response:
"I didn't change you did!"
Very true. I really like some of the new music coming out of Nashville, some of it makes me wince. Some of it is country, but most of it really isn't.
Rascal Flats, Keith Urban, Big and Rich aren't playing country music.. and frankly (in my opinion) they aren't playing good music. It's schlocky over produced poppy crap that has more in common with Wham! than Waylon.

Yesterday's workout:
warm-up
Bench:
5x3@185+crappy bands (hopefully the last time I'll have to use said crappy bands Woot!)

Chins:
6
4
2(slow neg)
2(slow neg)

Push press:
5x5@135

Rows:
8@135
7@145
3x6@155

Angled lateral raises:
3x6@25 (both sides)

No comments: