Monday, September 17, 2007

September morn..

I am fighting off a cold.. but otherwise, it's fall in the northwest, which is a good thing.

Weekend recap:
friday:
Morning: I got up and rowed the triple with two women from the boathouse. It was actually pretty fun. I am a little gun-shy about rowing. I am genuinely afraid to hurt my back again. I have made so much progress. I am healthy for the first time in... 10 years? and I really am afraid to jeopardize that, it has taken me just on 3 years to recover from my shoulder injury. Part of me feels like I'm just being a baby, and to suck it up and get back on the water, but that part of me tends to sleep late, and the big baby part of me turns the alarm clock off while he's still sleeping. I have to get over that. I am hoping that the mobility work I'm doing to improve my squat will translate to the boat, so my back won't be in danger, but who knows. Maybe I just need to find something else.

That night:
Went out to sushi with my darling wife, that was fun.
Came home and watched The New World. Well written, well acted, and the absolute worst editing job I could imagine. It was awful. Two hours of my life, and several good performances RUINED.

Saturday: Slept in. Cleaned house, and watched Hoodwinked. Good story, funny bits, some good characters (I loved Twitchy the squirrel), piss poor animation. Worth putting on your netflix queue, but don't pay money to see it.
Did speed squat workout:
10x3@185+chains.

6x singles @ 315 deadlifts (technique)
I worked on getting my hips into it, pushing my heels into the floor instead of "jerking" the weight. Felt really smooth by the end, should help me move some more poundage.

Saturday night: Met some friends out for Thai food in Fremont. then went to the Wurst Festival in Wallingford. Which is really just a small church fair near my house. Loads of fun, we're going back next year for sure.

Sunday: The wife raced at the Row for the cure. I slept in. Watched some Survivorman. I was going to have a picnic with some friends, but it rained. So the wife and I went to cafe Ladro and read and had some of the best Punkin pie ever.
We bought some groceries. I baked some chicken for the wife, some salmon for myself, and roasted some pumpkin, some mushrooms, onions, and asparagus for supper. It was a nice winter meal. We were/are both a bit under the weather, so it was pretty quiet around the old homestead.
I hope you had a good weekend.
Mahalo.

No comments: