Monday, September 10, 2007

Is that southern, or country fried?

Friday's workout:
swings with the 20kg
10/10
20sec rest
20/20
30sec
30/30
45sec
40/cramped erector. (was supposed to be 40/40)
1:15
(supposed to be 50/50) but it never happened.

I drank some h20 and stretched out the cramp.
5x
1 minute of snatches
1 minute off.

5/4/3/2/1
TGUs with the 20.

I woke up the next morning and my erectors were so sore I could barely get out of bed. So I switched my "off" day from sunday to saturday, and did a lot of foam rolling and stretching.
Sunday morning I managed to get through my squat workout:
4@135
3@185
3@225
3@275
2@275
1@285

good mornings
5x4@275

and call it a day. Checking through the archives I've been hammering away without a formal deload week for a good long time. I was going to postpone it until the end of this month because I have a wedding to go to, but it's not going to happen that way. I have to go to Vegas for work tomorrow and wednesday, so this week is as good as any. I am still going to get in some speed work, and some KB work, just no ME work this week. Hopefully I will no longer feel golden brown and delicious.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hmm... crampage...

I don't know why you'd be cramping... only to say that I take more rest, and I do my swings GS style (relaxed as possible).

I've also got a Magnesium habit. *wink*

J.B. said...

Big-time crampage.
I think it was a number of things:
I hadn't been keeping up with my water intake, the rest intervals were pretty slim, and I had been going for a good long while without a deload week. I think all of those were factors. I certainly hope it never happens again.. It sucked somethin' awful.