Friday, July 27, 2007

Sad times.


Wednesday, WSM runner up, and fellow Washingtonian Jesse Marunde passed away. This was a guy who pushed not only himself and competitors, but really worked to popularize strength athletics in the U.S. Seeing Jesse on WSM inspired me to get back into training hard and heavy. One of my goals was to go out to Sequim to train at Jesse's Gym, not because of the facilities, but because of Jesse. Strength sports, strongman, and the world at large are a lesser place for this loss. I should have just gone, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. Now, he's gone and I am embarrassed at my inaction. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Condolences can be sent to Jesse's family via the forums at his website.

Story in the Sequim paper here.

First person account of what happened.

No comments: