Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I don't wanna go to rehab, no. no. no.

I'm not going to rehab, and apparently neither is Amy Winehouse. I have had that song stuck in my head for about a week now. It is catchy and resistant to antibiotics.

Once again, this will be a brief and burning missive. It will have to slake your thirst for more until I can escape my cruel captors.. or buy a laptop so I can be the blogness from home.

Workouts are lagging a little bit. Rowing practice has geared way up in preparation for the regional regatta in two weeks, and I am pretty crispy... deep fried that is. This week will be my last heavy lifting week until after the races. I am very good at enforcing a taper, but at the same time I hate it. I'll make it through two weeks.

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's End this weekend. It was fair. A good popcorn movie with some funny parts. I like the series for the most part.
Some critics are panning the movie as convoluted, I disagree a bit. It's disjointed. The producers started shooting without a completed script, and it shows.
There is one scene, that really struck me as funny. In my opinion, they used a body double for a scene where Orlando Bloom kisses Keira Knightly on the knee. They rather awkwardly avoid showing a full shot of Ms. Knightly and her bare leg. Probably because while her thinness makes her a viable female lead, her emaciated stem isn't very photogenic all by it's onesy, savvy?
Oh well, such is the world we live in.
Mahalo!


No comments: