Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ohm.

After my shoulder surgery, I did yoga a couple times a week (helps that the classes were free). It was exactly what I needed at the time. My shoulder had loads of scar tissue that needed mobilization. My upper body was very weak, and body weight was more than a little challenging. As I broke up the scar tissue and regained my strength I outgrew yoga. Eric Cressey has a great article on yoga, and Pilates for athletes (it's firm but nice). Mike Boyle, not so nice. I am inclined to agree with both of these gents, but with qualifications. For the untrained, to work on specific mobility issues, or as the occasional recovery exercise yoga is great, but there are risks involved. Right now the risks are not worth the rewards, but that could change.

As an aside, I'm having a damn spiffy morning. Hope you are too!
Mahalo.

No comments: